For companies operating in the I.T industry, the ease of technology also brings high data and uptime responsibility. Maintaining high uptime is nothing but a necessity for ease of operation, and thereby profits.
When data hold such high importance, no company would like to go for cheap resources available in the market to save a few dollars. But how about equipping yourself with the Azure Hybrid technology, backed by the trust of Microsoft? too at the discounted prices?
Yes, it’s possible!!
This is why 1200+ customers from 12+ countries, trust CloudIBN because here you get effective yet affordable technological solutions.
So without wasting any time, let us guide you to the practical cost-saving solutions for a virtual machine running servers.
Azure Hybrid Use Benefit (HUB):-
To back technological driven companies with reliable and cost-effective solutions, Microsoft introduced the discount program for Microsoft Azure users that allows them to get more value from their Windows Server licenses- Azure Hybrid Use.
How it’s cost-effective?
It helps you to save up to 40 percent off the normal cost of running virtual machines (VMs). However, the actual savings depend on the following factors-
- Customer’s usage of Azure
- Geographic region
- Type of VM instances they’re running
For eg. Windows Server users can pay the base to compute the rate for Linux VMs by converting their licenses to run their VMs in Azure.
Who can get benefited?
Windows Server users whose licenses are covered by Microsoft’s Software Assurance maintenance program whether they are using the Datacenter or Standard edition of Windows Server
Customers who buy Azure through a Microsoft partner that resells Azure Infrastructure
- Users can receive a maximum of two VMs with up to eight cores each for every 2-processor Windows Server licenses they have, provided those licenses are covered with Software Assurance.
- They can also receive one VM with up to 16 cores for each 16-core Windows Server license they have.
- Users may run VMs with more than 16 cores by stacking their licenses.
- For example, a user with two 2-processor licenses or two 16-core licenses could run a VM with up to 32 cores.
Ways to use Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server-
Here are the ways to boost performance by equipping Windows virtual machines with the Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- You can deploy VMs from one of the provided Windows Server images on the Azure Marketplace.
- You can upload a custom VM and deploy using a Resource Manager template or Azure PowerShell.
- You can toggle and convert existing VM between running with Azure Hybrid Benefit or pay the on-demand cost for Windows Server.
- You can also apply Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server on a virtual machine scale set as well.
It’s rare to get high reliability at an affordable cost with the ever-increasing use of technology.
But by introducing Azure Hybrid, Microsoft has made it possible to get the reliability at an affordable cost.
The company not only considered the stable workload which needs to run all the time but also the normal workload that might need to scale up and down or not run continuously.
The stable workload can save upto 40% (which is a big saving for any IT company)with substantial discounts for pre-paying for the licenses and resources.
Where a normal workload can get benefited with the consumption-based pricing.